Monday, November 30, 2009

THE HOLIDAY PORCH







I pray that everyone had a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving. I enjoyed spending quality time with my family over the past few days. My cheeks still hurt from all of the laughs and giggles. We are a family that prays together often and we are in constant reflection of the goodness of the Lord but it's still nice to have a day like Thanksgiving that is set aside to specifically thank and honor God. This is my feeling about Christmas as well. Over the Thanksgiving holiday, I decorated my front porch for Christmas. My favorite part of the decor is the sign that reads "Jesus is the reason for the season". I know that December 25th is not Jesus' actual birth date. If it were up to me and my Homeowners Association wouldn't protest, I would have this sign posted every single day of the year. Why? Everyday and every season is a good time to reflect on the fact that Jesus was born to save us. I know that it is not about just posting a sign in my yard as an attempt to tell others about Jesus (although it is a great conversation starter) but more about the way that I live my life as an example of the love of Christ that will draw others to want to know him too. I'm just so thankful that Jesus loves you & I. In every way that I can think of to show it, I want the whole world to know it. JOHN 3:16, ROMANS 10:9