Monday, November 23, 2009

CREATE A PHOOPHIE SILHOUETTE








Hi Lovelies,

As you all know, I've had my head in the books for the last few days. Yesterday after church, I gave myself permission to take a break from studying and do a little bit of crafting. Crafting is like a breath of fresh air for me so now I feel like I can go back to studying again today. I really have to get on my P's and Q's today and tomorrow with the studying because Wednesday evening, I'll need to focus on the Holiday meal preparations.

So what did I craft on my mini-craft break? Well, I decided to work on a handmade Christmas gift for a female friend. I believe handmade gifts can be a nice way to show heartfelt warmth with the love and the time that goes into them. This is a craft you may want to try yourself.

I've always liked cameos and silhouettes. There is something so ultra feminine about them to me. They just scream "LADY or GIRLY GIRL". So I decided to dress up a picture frame with some supplies from my craft bin and then I layered some vintage ephemera underneath a female silhouette that I decorated. I titled the silhouette "Virtuous Woman". I think it is so phoophie and feminine. I hope my friend likes it when she gets it and I also hope she doesn't read my blog or I just spoiled the surprise. LOL