Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OLD BOOK OR NEW WREATH?

I am a wreath lover. I always have one displayed on the front door of my home 12 months of the year. I change them according to the seasons of course but I always have one displayed. Something about a wreath on a door or in a room seems welcoming and inviting to me. I've been wanting a wreath to hang in my craft/sewing room and I have stumbled on a fun and crafty way to create one. All you need is a glue gun, old book, magazine, newspaper, phonebook or some sheet music that you never want to use again. Soon, you will be looking at a cute TRASH to TREASURE, vintage inspired wreath. A particular store that we are all familiar with was selling these wreaths for a ridiculous amount and these wreaths are also being sold at craft fairs for about the same ridiculous price. Why not create one of your very own? I found some pictures of different ways a book wreath can be made to give you inspiration and http://www.livingwithlindsay.com/ has an easy to follow tutorial. Just look in her November, 2009 archives and you should easily find it. I've already made a small one just to see how it would come out and now I will be creating a larger one for my craft room. I hope some of you who like vintage inspired items will get a chance to create one as well. Enjoy!