Friday, September 17, 2010

HEAVENLY TICKLES

My Bible tells me in Proverbs 17:22 that a merry heart does good like medicine. It is so healthful to be joyful and cheerful. In the world we live in today, there are so many negative things going on that it is up to us to take a moment to focus on happy things. I once read a scientific article that said for good health, a person should laugh at least 13 times a day. So let me help you out with one of your laughs for today.

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

A Sunday School teacher decided to have her 2nd grade class memorize Psalm 23, one of the most quoted passages of the Bible. She gave the children a whole month to memorize the chapter. One little boy was very excited about the task but he seemed to have difficulty memorizing the Psalm. Although he practiced and practiced, he could barely get past memorizing the first line. Finally the day came when it was time for each of the children to take a turn to recite Psalm 23 before the congregation. The little boy was nervous. When his turn finally came, he stepped up to the microphone and said, "The Lord is my Shepherd.......... and that's all I need to know."