Monday, August 23, 2010

SCHOOL DAYS

Today the children in my area started back to school. The sound of the buses rolling bright and early this morning let me know it was that time again. Next week my son will be starting his first day of college and I was overcome by a tad bit of nostalgia as I looked out of the window and viewed a Mother video taping her daughter getting onto the school bus for the very first time for her very first day of Kindergarten. My how the time goes quickly. Before that Mother can blink, she will be attending her daughter's High School graduation and sending her off to college as well.

In a month or so, I will be opening a half-day preschool learning program from my home to prepare 3 and 4 year olds with the skills they will need for Kindergarten. As I have been busily working on setting up my classroom, I have been put in the mind of the one room schoolhouses of days gone by. I thought I would share a few with you. Aren't they adorable? Enjoy!