Monday, October 19, 2009

FALLING FOR FALL






I think the Fall has to be one of my favorite times of the year. I love the colors of Fall, the crisp change in the temperature and the exciting anticipation of the upcoming Holidays.

After a long, hot summer here in Texas with the temperatures soaring into the 90's and 100's most days, the mid-80's seemed like a dream come true. Today our temps ranged within the 50's to 70's. Sounds like sweater weather to me. I am so excited. I am falling for Fall.

The picture above is a Carnival Glass Bowl that belonged to my now, dearly departed Mother-In Law. This bowl has been passed to me and I think it looks just lovely with the Fall floral display.

I only did a little bit of outdoor decorating on my porch this year. I think that because the blazing heat has lasted until recently, I could not wrap my brain around the idea of Fall decorating. That is....until now!